Monday, July 14, 2008

TWENTY FIVE



Day 25: I attribute this sketch to an animated short entitled "The Queens Monastery". It was part of a compilation dvd of wonderful animated shorts. Spike and Mike's classic festival of Animation.

Definately worth buying, as I've watched this dvd numerous amounts of times.

My wife wonders why I don't pen women very often. I'm not entirly sure, but it can probably be attributed to the fact that I don't want to emulate beauty with pen, because it's much more difficult than drawing the hideous and ugly. Men are usually uglier in my eyes than women. However, I do think this sketch entails the tall womanly figure artfully.

2 comments:

Geocentric said...

True, very artful. I used to draw a lot more and I found that when I tried drawing women I was never satisfied. It seemed that with males it was fairly easy to get across what I was trying to but I had a hard time with females. I wouldn't say I avoided trying to express beauty with a pen but it was definitely harder to do. I might add that it seems like the ultimate challenge for an artist and the same thing all artists struggle with in different ways.

Anonymous said...

"My wife wonders why I don't pen women very often."

I could never get the boobs right.

And figure? Isn't that a woman's face?

Dad