Wednesday, July 2, 2008

THIRTEEN



Day 13: Pillboy. I wanted to do more colouring and shading, but I screwed up when I was grouping different parts of the drawing and it became increasingly difficult to shift things around once I drew. I'm sure there is a simple way to do what I'm doing, but I'll just have to figure that out in the one year span that I have drawing faces everyday.

I remember reading an old cartoon from the 30's where a King needed three Pillboys to go out and find stuff or something...that is what inspired this guy's long blue face. There were three pillboys. Red, Green and Blue if I can recall correctly. I used to stay up at night and read this large volume collection of cartoons. I want to say it was associated with the Smithsonian, but I don't recall for sure. I'll know later this month when I fly back to Virginia.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I remember reading an old cartoon from the 30's where a King needed three Pillboys to go out and find stuff or something..."

I am entirely unfamiliar with this. - Dad