Tuesday, July 1, 2008

TWELVE



Day 12: I've seen this guy before. Probably from the Looney Tunes. Actually, it is. It's the episode where Bugs Bunny stumbles upon that mansion and finds a huge hairy monster within. I'm pretty sure that was a Chuck Jones episode. He's my favourite cartoon director of all time. Such a unique and wonderful style. I've read that he didn't use model sheets like other animators, but I'm not certain. He had a great style.

That being said, I rushed today's drawing a tad because I'm a little busy today. I'm guest appearing on a Podcast called "Geocentric" where I'll talk about the new 3G iPhone. (Link to the right.) Plus, I'm thinking about going to the local art store and buying some modeling clay to make a cartoonist bust, like Robert Arneson. Yeah, I feel inspired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice use of color. I remember that episode. Do you remember the monster's name? Or maybe Bugs would just call it weird names. I don't remember. Anyway thanks for coming on the podcast. It will be up tomorrow morning some time.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a cross between Superman's nemesis Brainiac 5 and John Waters. - Dad