Wednesday, June 25, 2008

TWO



Day 2: In eighth grade I paused an episode of Simpsons on my tv and traced the outline of Homer's face. I copied that homer head over and over and over again until I basically perfected it, and could pull it from thin air. This impressed the kids in class to the point that they would emulate me, but couldn't come close to the actual Simpson "look".

I have seasons 1-10 of Simpsons on DVD. One of the commentaries Matt Groening makes is that he probably couldn't draw Homer to "standard". This threw me in disarray. I can draw Homer better than Matt Groening...

This face is my own "messy" version of myself, with Simpsonesk features.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes... at one time this particular face could be seen all over the house: on calendars, notepads, food packaging, any piece of paper which happened to be left on the kitchen table, etc. - Dad

Anonymous said...

In eighth grade I paused an episode of Simpsons on my tv and traced the outline of Homer's face. I copied that homer head over and over and over again until I basically perfected it, and could pull it from thin air. This impressed the kids in class to the point that they would emulate me, but couldn't come close to the actual Simpson "look".


- that's the most inspiring visual you've ever said. it sounds like the spawning of a film.......about you..........


i'm going to the writing table..........i'll be back in a month.

Julie