Wednesday, June 25, 2008

SIX



Day 6: This drawing is a combination of the bike guy in "The Triplets of Belleville" and the drawings in "Where the Sidewalk Ends". If you haven't seen "The Triplets of Belleville", I don't necessarily recommend it, as it's a really odd and slow paced film about the Tour De France. If you're really into animation, however, you must see it.

I really like the effect of just using black, white and red. It's haunting, goth, and Tim Burtonish. (By the way, my Dad went to High School with Tim Burton.)This picture also begs the viewer to want to cut the hair on the face. Too bad it's a fabrication of pixels, or you might be able to cut his hair. My Mother in Law watched me draw this face, and told me to put nose hair on him. He's repulsive, I know.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he's repulsive, but so was "Big Daddy" Al Roth's "Rat Fink," and he made millions for his creator. And Bill Clinton was pretty repulsive, too, and look how far he got. (No telling what, if anything, he did for his creator.) - Dad